The National Center for Telehealth and Technology (T2) is a component center of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE) and part of the Military Health System (MHS). T2 was established as a DoD organization at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in 2008 from the Army Behavioral Health Technology Office (ABHTO) at Madigan Army Medical Center. T2 has an office in the National Capitol Region for coordination with DCoE and other DoD, VA and government agencies.
The National Center for Telehealth & Technology is comprised of clinical psychologists, researchers, interactive designers, and technical specialists who develop behavioral health assessment, screening, reference, and treatment tools for the military community.
Our mission is to lead the development of telehealth and technology solutions for psychological health and traumatic brain injury to improve the lives of the Nation’s Warriors, Veterans, and their Families. T2 seeks to identify, treat, and minimize or eliminate the short and long-term adverse effects of TBI and mental health conditions associated with military service. T2 partners with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other organizations throughout the world.
- Serve as the DoD resource for use of technologies in PH & TBI care
- Deploy technological strategies to provide care in remote or underserved areas
- Leverage innovative technologies to help reduce care-based stigma
- Develop PH & TBI telehealth standards, processes, and review mechanisms
- Coordinate services with other DoD, VA, and civilian partners
- Research and validate technological applications for PH & TBI care
Equally important is T2’s work toward eradicating stigma that can deter people in the military from seeking help. T2 conducts quality research to evaluate the efficacy of its technology based products and programs. T2 is also the principal coordinator of DoD initiatives involving telehealth, online behavioral health tools, suicide surveillance and prevention, and information technology.