T2 Programs Overview
At T2, teams of leaders, researchers, clinical psychologists, technical and administrative staff work together to promote resilience, recovery and reintegration so that our Warriors, Veterans and Families can thrive in their communities of choice.
Using the latest technology, T2 seeks to identify, treat and minimize or eliminate the short- and long-term adverse effects of war. The Center’s research and outreach programs support the following major initiatives:
- Create virtual reality mental health applications
- Oversee suicide surveillance/automation programs across the DoD
- Facilitate telehealth and Web-based care for PH/TBI (video teleconferencing, afterdeployment.org, interactive media)
- Develop mobile applications to support 24/7 access to behavioral health tools and critical support systems
T2’s programs are further organized in the following categories:
- AfterDeployment.org: Provides web-based tools that focus on common post-deployment problems such as PTSD, depression, anger, and relationship issues
- Innovative Technology Applications: Uses new technologies such as Virtual Reality and Virtual Worlds to provide mental health treatment
- Warfighter Brain Health Portal: Provides online brain healthcare knowledge and expertise specifically for Warriors, Families/Friends, Providers and Leadership.
- TeleHealth (PH and TBI): Provides training and oversight of a national network of systems delivering distant psychological healthcare via technologies
- Mobile Telehealth Units: These units are designed to deliver psychological health care to Service Members/families who might not otherwise have access to treatment